Finally Got My Hands on a Playstation 5

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Err
Life Member

Finally Got My Hands on a Playstation 5

Post by Err »

I've been checking daily on PS5 and video card inventory. The cards have been a bust. I refuse to pay 2X the price for a video card. Last week I managed to snatch a PS5 bundle from Game Stop. This thing is massive. The system boots very fast and the games load as fast as they do from my PC's NVMe. I've played a bit of Demon's Souls. I never played the original but the remake looks great at 4K. I'm not very far as I'm not sure where to go. I also installed the PS5 version of Control. I've had it on PC but I've been waiting on a new card before playing it. It looks great on the PS5 on the 60 FPS target option. The new controllers are nice. They now have feedback on the triggers if the game supports it. In Control, you feel resistance on the trigger when you fire your gun. Also, you feel your characters footsteps when they move.

I've been spending my time with Control. I like it more that I thought I would even though I didn't play the other games in the series, Alan Wake and Quantum Break. From what I gather, the games aren't essential but you'll miss some references. If you like SCP related stuff, you'll like control.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Finally Got My Hands on a Playstation 5

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Been playing Control on the PC. Looks nice with ray tracing with the 3080. I keep getting frustrated with it and walking away, and then go back to it. It is a compelling story.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "