Corsair Carbide 200R Compact ATX Case

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Executioner
Life Member

Corsair Carbide 200R Compact ATX Case

Post by Executioner »

I bought this case after FlyingPenquin bought one. I like the case, but have several questions:

1. It comes with 2 fans. One on top and one in the front. The one on top will blow air inside, while the one on the inside will blow air out the FRONT of the case. I thought this was somewhat strange because the power supply is blowing air out the back.

2. Do they sell metal covers to install in order to improve the air flow in the case? There are so many openings that it would be nice if they offered come covers as an accessory. I did not see any in Amazon.

3. How many fans is adequate for this case? I'd like to add one more but not sure which fans to get.

4. Bob - did you change the direction of the fan in the front of the case to blow in instead of out from the front?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009G ... UTF8&psc=1
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Corsair Carbide 200R Compact ATX Case

Post by FlyingPenguin »

When I bought mine it came with a fan in the back and one in the front. Nothing on top. Top grill is meant for a liquid cooling radiator. Front should always blow in, back one should always blow out.

My old gaming PC has this case (the new gaming PC is in a Corsair 110Q). Some companies give you a magnetic mat to cover the top vent, but Corsair doesn't.

I wouldn't worry about it. In my case I had a Noctua NF-F12 PWM fan in the front and one in the back (the included fans are nothing great). There was plenty of airflow, even with a hot RTX 3080 in there. If you feel you need more cooling, I'd mount a fan or two on the side panel blowing in. You want positive pressure not negative, so more fans blowing in than blowing out.

Amazon sells magnetic dust filters to cover those vents if you just want to keep the dust out.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Corsair Carbide 200R Compact ATX Case

Post by Executioner »

Found some covers on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJ ... UTF8&psc=1

I ordered 5 and already have them to cover up some of the openings that I don't plan on installing a fan.