anyone price out printer lately ?

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

anyone price out printer lately ?

Post by reno »

there no deals any more like there use to be. just help a friend buy a Brothers monochrome laser unit .we looked online and at office supply stores also brick and mortar stores and amazon . all running about the same price with in $20 from high and lowest on same model's - no great discounts like there use to be like $100 off list price .those days maybe gone . also the lowest we could fine was $200 plus and they went up from there .
Executioner
Life Member

Re: anyone price out printer lately ?

Post by Executioner »

I always thought that the printer was basically free but they would get you on ink. For laser jets, the cartridge included allowed you to print only 50 times before running out of toner.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

on my brothers I think it originally came with a full tank -we order 2 extra when we bought it and the unit keep printing for months before we used the first replacement and now 3-4 year year later we still have are 2nd back up in the closet . we pay like $100 for the unit back then new !
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I bought an HP 8025 inkjet last year. The thing didn't last a year. After replacing the cartridges, the cyan stopped working. No amount of cleaning would get it to print so I gave up. The wife needs to print and make copies so I bought a Brother Color Laser HL-L3290CDW. It wasn't cheap but I hope that it will last. I've only had it a few weeks and had to restart it because it lost the network. If this happens again I'll manually assign it an IP. I've had that happen before with wireless printers.

Steer far away from inkjets. They are basically disposable at this point. I wish I still had my old HP Inkjet I bought in the early 2000's. The Ink cartridge and print head were a single unit so every time you replaced the ink, you got a new print head. I just got to the point that I rarely printed and it took up a lot of room.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was done with inkjets years ago. Using an HP color laser now.

Wife still has an inkjet, which is amazingly 9 years old, but it's a high end (at the time) Epson Artisan 835 model with 7 separate ink tanks, and it's been extremely reliable over the years. I still use it for printing photos. It has an integrated 4x6 photo paper tray, and it makes stunning photos. That was, briefly, the time for the best inkjets ever made, and they all came from Epson. I recommended that model to a lot of clients, and some still have them. But that inkjet has been the exception.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.