Tired of waiting for the new SpinRite...

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Executioner
Life Member

Tired of waiting for the new SpinRite...

Post by Executioner »

so I found another similar program called Victoria 5.37

I tried to use SpinRite on a bootable USB drive on a 1 TB HD from a laptop that belong to my sister-in-law. I got SpinRite to work on the drive, but after about 1 hour, it would stop working with a bunch of red coded assembly language on the screen. After finding alternatives, I came across this small free stand alone software called Victoria : https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Ha ... oria.shtml

It works with Windows, so I slaved the 1 TB hard drive and let it scan and repair. Took about 3 hours for it to complete, and after the drive was bootable and I was able to get the files off so I could install a new SSD in order to transfer her files over.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Tired of waiting for the new SpinRite...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

He's very close. They're testing the 6th release candidate right now. I was debating joining the testers, but I'll wait for the final release.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "