How to fix case ATX connectors

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Executioner
Life Member

How to fix case ATX connectors

Post by Executioner »

I bought a used case and after installing the mobo, I discovered that the case ATX connectors are REALLY loose when I push them onto the mobo header. They won't stay on. I used an Asus quick connector and they were still loose, so I used some tape to secure them on that quick connector.

Is there a way to fix these without using my cheap tape fix? I'm even willing to cut and splice new wiring if necessary. Did not see anything on Amazon.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: How to fix case ATX connectors

Post by Executioner »

After looking on Amazon again, I found these and bought them. I can cut and replace the bad ones on the case.
https://www.amazon.com/Warmstor-2-Pack- ... ics&sr=1-1
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I know I'm late to the party.. But sometimes you can remove the pins from the connector and tighten them up carefully.. Hope you got it straigtened out!
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

eGo! Yes I was able to cut and splice the new connectors. The pins were so small, that I decided to go my other route witch worked.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I wish they would just switch to a standardized large connector instead of using all those individual ones. It also annoys me that most mobos and/or cases don't come with mobo speakers. Unless you have a high end board with a diagnostic display, you need that speaker for beep error codes.

For my last builds I had to order a 10 pack of speakers.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

LOL - and the speakers can be really small. I have some, and I always wondered why they never are included with the mobo.