Great Intel Customer Support!

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Great Intel Customer Support!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wow, there are still companies with good customer support. My 2 year old Intel NUC died, that I use as a Media Center PC. No power light. It has a 3 year warranty. After a day of back and forth via their support website, mainly to have me troubleshoot it thoroughly (tested PSU which is fine, reset CMOS jumper, checked CMOS battery voltage), they promptly called me on the phone right after our last email exchange and approved an RMA. Also getting a newer model out of it since they don't have that same model on the shelf.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Great Intel Customer Support!

Post by Executioner »

:kewl
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That's nice to hear. Kudos to them!
------------------------------------------

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Very Nice. I hope they keep this service once they start selling video cards.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

They received the old unit two days ago, just got a tracking number and packing list for the replacement.

The old unit was a Gen 8 Intel CPU. The new one is a Gen 10 with a higher boost clock.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Just got the replacement today. Ten day turnaround. Very nice.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Works fine, except that I can't activate the original Win10 key on it. It's an OEM System Builder key which is tied to the old hardware.

Fun fact: Here's one (and only one) good reason to create a Microsoft account if you install Windows with a CD key: you have some ability to move it to new hardware. There is a process that if I had linked that key to an MS account when it was installed on the old hardware, I could move it.

Doesn't really matter for me, since I have dozens of valid Win7 Pro keys laying around, and Microsoft still lets you install Win10 using a Win7 key.

Now I'm debating whether to keep this thing as a loaner or sell it. I no longer really have a use for it. It's a dandy little PC. It even has a Vesa mount so you can mount it to the back of a monitor. This is the model they sent me:

https://www.newegg.com/intel-nuc10i3fnh ... 004K-00N48