Samsung Pro SSD reliability questioned as longtime partner shifts to Sabrent

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Samsung Pro SSD reliability questioned as longtime partner shifts to Sabrent

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This is turning into a fiasco.

I have always sworn by Samsung, but they dropped the ball on the 980 and 990 pro. It's not helping that Samsung has not made any official statement, and people are reporting that they are just factory resetting and returning the same drive, for RMA.

I have a Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus in my gaming machine, and that thing is wicked fast.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/02 ... lth-drops/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Samsung Pro SSD reliability questioned as longtime partner shifts to Sabrent

Post by Executioner »

Wonder if those drives are impacted by excessive heat and they begin to lose health?
Err
Life Member

Re: Samsung Pro SSD reliability questioned as longtime partner shifts to Sabrent

Post by Err »

I have 2 980 Pros. One as the main drive in my PC and one in my PS5. The one in the PC has the latest firmware and is showing plenty of life. However, Samsung needs to release a statement stating what the issue is. Are the drives failing from bad firmware or is the firmware reporting wrong? I hope for Samsung's sake it's the later.