$6600 Nightmare Prebuilt Gaming PC - Corsair & Origin Genesis Review

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

$6600 Nightmare Prebuilt Gaming PC - Corsair & Origin Genesis Review

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: $6600 Nightmare Prebuilt Gaming PC - Corsair & Origin Genesis Review

Post by Err »

I don't understand why there are so many fans. LOL I'd think a single 140 at the top would be sufficient to pull any excess heat from the MB. I doubt you'd need any intake fans.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Wow! I would have felt completely screwed over if my rig arrived like that one. That's just grossly unacceptable for the ridiculous price tag that PC has.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I can almost forgive the paint job. It's not easy to do right. A lot of companies that used to offer custom paint jobs gave up for the same reason. But the clock speed? The fans? That's just not cool.

Whoever did the cable management, though, THAT guy deserves some kind of award.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

The paint job, they should have the metal anodized instead. I must say that the cable management is top notch. Price? Well having someone build it, test it, costs for the facility, etc. is probably not that far off.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:52 pm I can almost forgive the paint job. It's not easy to do right. A lot of companies that used to offer custom paint jobs gave up for the same reason. But the clock speed? The fans? That's just not cool.

Whoever did the cable management, though, THAT guy deserves some kind of award.
In order to do the paint correctly, they would have to strip off the existing coating on the panels which, like you said, is hard to do. I think they said in the video that they no longer offer the paint too.

I still don't understand the fan profile Origin put on them. I'd bet they set the wrong sensor for the profile. For water cooling you want to set the fans to cool the liquid in the radiator and not the processor itself. With the 360 radiator they had, those fans should never be audible.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's a pricey PC, but if you want something high end and pre built, then the price may be worth it to you. I do think Origin is making a hell of a markup, but that's okay. You don't have to buy it. The hard line cooling work was well done and that's a lot of labor.

But for that premium a price, the system should be damn near perfect.

And the choices are strangely limited. No option for RGB fans on a rig like that? How do you offer a red interior scheme, but not offer a red exterior paint job?