Why the Floppy Disk Just Won’t Die

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Why the Floppy Disk Just Won’t Die

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Why the Floppy Disk Just Won’t Die

Post by Executioner »

I still have a box of the 3 1/2 floppies. I'm surprised that the article was saying that the disks fail a lot. I can't even remember using one in the past.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I have gotten a lot of life out of floppies. I still have a never opened box I bought for a few clients and I expect them to still be good.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Industry has fixed this issue long ago. Somebody made a FDD to USB adapter. There are various models all with different features. The machine only sees it all as a standard floppy drive... its even slow just like one so the controls don't freak out. You put a usb in and it has folders on it... and on the unit there is a button and a number display that says what "disc" or folder is selected for the control to read. They used to be real expensive but now they can be had for 30 bux... dont know if the cheap ones are any good but I have seen several obsolete controls saved by them.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm sure I've got a few of those in a box, in storage.
------------------------------------------