Idea for more PCA people pics

Post your pictures. If you dare!
Zyph
Golden Member

Idea for more PCA people pics

Post by Zyph »

OK, I know this sounds odd, but I figured I would toss it out anyway:

You know how very few people have pictures of themselves or don't have a digital camera/scanner? Well, I have an idea....Someone could buy one of those disposable cameras (you know, the ones Kodak is always pushing on TV) and take a picture of themselves and mail it to the next person on a list, they take their picture and mail it to another person and so on. The shipping on the camera shouldn't be more than a buck or two (maybe $3 for you Canadians.....but for all the hassle with customs, you might want to consider doing a seperate one). This would allow it to arrive at someone's house and then they take it to a local store and get it developed onto a floppy/CD-R (whichever is cheaper for your photo developer) and upload it so everyone can see how they turned out. (I would have suggested it to arrive at Stacy, but her living in Canada won't help matters.) And we'll include a sheet with the camera where everyone writes their PCA name so everyone knows which Photo was them before shipping it to the next person.

It's sort of a wild idea, but what do all you peeps think?
sethpa
Golden Member

Post by sethpa »

zyph, most of the drugstores around here have scanner/photo maker machines. Can take any pic in for a few bucks, scan it and put it on a floppy or cd. Then they can upload it themselves or barring that, send it one of us who could. That's worth a look at too.

sethpa
"my overclocked brain runs much faster with the thought processor disabled"
Zyph
Golden Member

Post by Zyph »

Main reason I proposed this is because I normally don't let anyone take my picture, so I have none available to scan. I figured many others were in the same boat and wanted to Participate in this forum a little. (Which is probubly why this forum hasn't attracted as many people.)
sethpa
Golden Member

Post by sethpa »

:) We could all do like Kaworu and post a drivers license pic. Would look like the FBI's wanted dead or alive website.

sethpa
"my overclocked brain runs much faster with the thought processor disabled"
CaterpillarAssassin
Almighty Member

Post by CaterpillarAssassin »

hey i'll have my friend scan my license :)
Stacy

Post by Stacy »

I work in a photolab...send the camera to me last and it won't cost anyone a penny to have it developed....I can also create cd's or even put them on the internet for NO CHARGE!!!!

Actually...since those cameras are so damn expensive and although personally I hate them, if there is enough interest in this....I can get the camera {cough}free{cough} too.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. :D
Zyph
Golden Member

Post by Zyph »

I personally want to do this, because I could scan my drivers license (If I sneak into a computer store or something), but everyone knows driver's license pics are the worst you could look. I would prefer a more candid shot....like at your computer, at your car, outside your house, etc (or even "which person am I in this picture?"....alot more fun :D ).

Lemme know, I think this is a great idea. Whoever thinks we should start it, LMK and I can send you my address too.
Kaworu

Post by Kaworu »

We could all do like Kaworu and post a drivers license pic. Would look like the FBI's wanted dead or alive website.

Shhh sethpa! Now everyone knows!!!

news

Post by news »

:laugh You are <i>CRAZY</i> Mister :)
plucky duck

Post by plucky duck »

lol