Tubing material?

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
Sean

Tubing material?

Post by Sean »

I am looking for a tubing material that will stay in place. I don't know what you guys use, but I am thinking about adding an 80mm fan and using a tube to guide the air to my heatsink fan (or an existing fan). What do you suggest using?
- Sean
Burner
Goober Member

Post by Burner »

Sean, Check your local hardware store for some dryer vent hose, you can get plastic or aluminum, try the plastic,less chance of shorting anything out if by some chance it comes loose. doesn't cost to much,it's light weight, flexible, roughly the size of a 80mm fan, alot of your larger hardware chains may offer a couple of different size's. You could also use card board and good old duct tape to make proto type to see if the effort would be effective.
bitSLAP
Golden Member

Post by bitSLAP »

lol I cut up a 3 foot piece of my dad's aircraft manifold hose, unaware it was worth about $100...

Anyway, I'd suggest the metal because it looks cooler, and stays put better, but I've never used either so what do I know. $100 hose for me baby ;)
Burner
Goober Member

Post by Burner »

Man,$100 hose! thats what I would call high end cooling!
Diggrr
Goober Member

Post by Diggrr »

If the fan is on the door straight out from your processor, you could go super ghetto
and hack up a half liter coke bottle. (remove the label, top and bottoms)
Leave tabs on one end and you can screw it right to the fan. Use/make a filter to keep
dust out of your heat sink though, you'd be surprised how fast it can fill up.

Ultra light weight, non-conductive, and a good cheap test for temp gains. And it beats
getting wailed on for using Dad's stuff ($100 bucks?, Dude!)
Sean

Post by Sean »

Dude, AWESOME idea! I will try it!

100$?!?! OMG!!! LOL
- Sean