Entered my mod, here is my post! :)

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
rstaph
Goober Member

Entered my mod, here is my post! :)

Post by rstaph »

Lots of tech in my mod, less in the way of visible stuff. Tons of images though.

Also added pics of my 12V aux power supply and nice clean power plugs (the real way to power extra fans).

You can see all the info at: http://www.aasdcat.com/rstaph/sc3/index.html

embedded
Goober Member

Post by embedded »

You probaly don't read this anymore, but I'll ask anyway:

Is that LCD same, what I used in my mp3-player project?
Have you had any problems with the contrast?(mine is wery strange)
<a href="http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/winampcar/index.htm">My mp3-homeplayer..</a>
rstaph
Goober Member

Post by rstaph »

Because of the "sleep" feature I added, my contrast is actually PWM (pulse width modulation) controlled. When about 10 seconds pass the screen's contrast goes to minimum and the backlight shuts off. Making it look as close as possible to the rest of the case. so I actually use a far different contast control than just about everyone.

If you are using a serial backpack module you'll probably need to find a slightly more powerful contrast pot. First thing is to meter your input voltage going to your contrast line on the LCD and make sure you are getting a reading that is within your LCD's spec.

Some newer LCD's even have a digital control built in (special data line instructions are needed to control this) and the analog is some what of a "limiting" knob, that way someone can set that and never make their display unreadable due to a software bug.
JMan
Golden Member

Post by JMan »

I just looked at all the stuff on your site, and that is incredible. Nice job :)

JMan
"Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"
"I'm sorry, I don't listen to hip-hop."
Darkheart

Post by Darkheart »

I have no idea what's going it looks but what's it all about?