Mini Spot Lights

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
canton_kid
Golden Member

Mini Spot Lights

Post by canton_kid »

I couldn't buy a light kit for my project, but heres something cheap I came up with!

Christmas Lights! LEDS! Super cool too! Burned them all night, touched this morning, couldn't tell they were even on by touch! NO HEAT at all!
I've got a brand new set of 60 2v super bright led christmas lights. Regular price marked on them was about $7 but I got them reduced for about $3.50. Just over a nickle apiece! Plus two spares.

The problem is they are not round! They are at the base, but the plastic sticks up recktanglelar . They probly would not look that good in a round hole. BUT, these LEDs are like little spotlights!

Plug them in and point at a wall and you have little round dots of color, red yellow and green. Bummer, no blue, The main color I wanted!

Figure wire up 3x2v and try on the +5 and 6 for the +12 line. Point them when installed and I have little mini spot lights shining on different parts.

The wire legs on them are strong stiff wire, once solderd and insulated they can be easy bent and will stay in place making them easy to point.

canton_kid
AMDnitromike
Goober Member

Post by AMDnitromike »

Ghod why didnt i ever think of that! I now have the cold cathode neon lights, but when i first started moddin and didnt have any lights, i started out with some ghey lookin night lights... :D .....good idea dood.
--MiKe