What is your favorite case mod?

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas

Rounded Cables
10%
Lighting
34%
Plexi Window
43%
LEDs
13%

Total votes: 119

nooyawkah

Post by nooyawkah »

I'm torn between silver rounded cables and 12" cold cathodes.
These are the instructions that came with my Thermalright SLK-800 cooler:
Assembly:
The assembly gestalltet itself just as simply as with the standard Slk-800. after the foil of the base plate was removed and the processor core with thermal compound moistened, leaves one the 6-Punkt-Halteklammer in the base noses to engage. Subsequently, the radiator box is aligned centrically on the base. By means of slotted bolt turners finally the catch side of the fixing clip down pressed to these on the base engages. A strammer contact pressure develops, whereby a good waermeaufnahme is ensured. Although the additionally existing PU Schaumpads provides for a safe seat on the processor, the PC should very carefully be transported and/or the radiators before transport be developed.
HellRaiser&BeerD

Post by HellRaiser&BeerD »

What good is round cables, lights or leds without a window?
Hmmmm...... 2 bucks and all it does is transport matter.I'll give you 35 cents
Precious like a mother's love....or the other kind?
There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works. - Will Rogers
When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you.
Patriotism is the first refuge of a moron.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Democracy was getting old, anyway.
nooyawkah

Post by nooyawkah »

What good is round cables, lights or leds without a window?

You don't really need a window if you have air conditioning. ...... wait, this is about computers .... lol :B
Assembly:
The assembly gestalltet itself just as simply as with the standard Slk-800. after the foil of the base plate was removed and the processor core with thermal compound moistened, leaves one the 6-Punkt-Halteklammer in the base noses to engage. Subsequently, the radiator box is aligned centrically on the base. By means of slotted bolt turners finally the catch side of the fixing clip down pressed to these on the base engages. A strammer contact pressure develops, whereby a good waermeaufnahme is ensured. Although the additionally existing PU Schaumpads provides for a safe seat on the processor, the PC should very carefully be transported and/or the radiators before transport be developed.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Um... you forgot the most important one. FANS. I like cooling, but LEDs is a close second for me. Considering my case has like 15 of them on it.
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

LEDs all the way !!!!!!!!
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
Bigal

Fan Control Devices....

Post by Bigal »

I like the Rheostat bus so much, with it's four rheostat controls / bright LEDs, that I've put one into all four of my machines. The ability to control the fans (or lighting) of your case is a big benefit, especially if you are just posting messages on a forum, and not playing an intense game like Unreal Tournament 2003!

My next favorite mod is a custom window. Each time I put in another case window, it's a different design, and done a bit better too. Having something unique is what this modding thing is all about. :D
<color=red>Home web site: http://www.bigal-computers.net</color>

<color=blue>Like motorcycles? Check out the WORMS here: http://www.bigal-computers.net/worms.php</color>

Lots of hand-built and modded AMD systems.
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

Originally posted by Pugsley
Um... you forgot the most important one. FANS. I like cooling, but LEDs is a close second for me. Considering my case has like 15 of them on it.
my bother got a new MB this weekend, and it had a nice feature, onboard NIC, BUT, there were no LEDs in the back for it, the MB had pins for you to hook up LEDs to and put em in the fron of the case :)
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"
renovation

Post by renovation »

you forgot to add other case mods !
like fan vent holes in top of a case ;)
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
nooyawkah

Post by nooyawkah »

Amazing, this post keeps resurfacing.
Assembly:
=CLIENT=
Goober Member

Post by =CLIENT= »

My favorite mod is the hidden cdroms. I have a hydrolic case and still did it. It makes everything look so smooth. If you're looking for an easy mod that is the one. I only had to destory the face of one cdrom! I had to shave the sides of my plextor drive to get it to go deaper inside my case.
nooyawkah

Post by nooyawkah »

Still amazing! Again this post showed up. I posted it ages ago.

Since the original posting I have stopped using rounded cables. I found that if you open your case a lot and change stuff, as I do, the rounded cables sometime loosen and create problems. Has anyone found this?
Assembly:
=CLIENT=
Goober Member

Post by =CLIENT= »

My rounded cables will losen up and the top cover peice will fall away from the tube part, but that just take a simple push to get it back into place. I suppose you might be able to actually glue the two pieces together. Does anyone know any reason this wouldn't be a good idea?

I wouldn't give up my rounded cables for anything. The old 1980 style ribbon cables are an eyesore. I don't have a window or anything, but when I open up my case I like to be pleased by what I see.
rat fink
Genuine Member

Post by rat fink »

my favorite case mod is the case it self, just build your own case to your taste, doesn't some one have a lego case? and I will soon have a transmission (computer) case, that brefcase case, and theres probably many many others out there that you guies haven't talked about yet.
using a 366 mhz computer
have better vehicles:
67 impala
82 firebird
RugbyRoy
Goober Member

Post by RugbyRoy »

My favorite case mod is putting LED's in the molex connectors http://www.metku.net/index.html?sect=vi ... /index_eng

I think it's pretty neat.
nooyawkah

Post by nooyawkah »

My favorite case mod is putting LED's in the molex connectors

Nice look
Assembly: