Clear cube computer project (UPDATE: new pics 6/22)

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
CubedPC
Goober Member

Clear cube computer project (UPDATE: new pics 6/22)

Post by CubedPC »

Hey all,
Some of you may remember that I posted a while back trying to see if there was enough interest in my computer cases to start making them in quantity to sell. I decided to go ahead and make them, and wanted to share the results with you guys. I just finished making a bunch of clear cube cases and putting my computer into one of them. I also added a lot of lighting, sleeved my PSU, added a second HDD, and put a clear cover on my PSU. I really am pleased with the results, but I think there is a little missing still, and want to hear some ideas. I think that some additional lighting in blue under the motherboard and some yellow LED's shinning on the sound and video cards would help it out a lot. Here are some pictures:

If you are interested, there are a lot more pictures of it available at http://www.cubedpc.com/photos.htm, and information is at http://www.cubedpc.com/thecube.htm
-Steve
cubedpc.com
Demrok

Post by Demrok »

lookin good! a buddy of mine wants to make something like that
musta been hard to get that thing glued without messing up the rest of the plastic, huh

keep up the good work! and GL on sellin them!
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]<B>Member of the Ukrainian PC ABUSERS POSSE<B/>[/align]
CubedPC
Goober Member

Post by CubedPC »

Its not really too hard to glue it if you have a small diabettic syringe and arylic syringe. The joints almost suck up the glue because of surface tension. Back when we had to machine our cases instead of laser cutting, glueing wasnt quite as fun, all the variations in the surface make it pretty messy.
cubedpc.com
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

you might want to take advantage of the mirror finish on the HD. etch a logo or somtihgn right there and light it. the mirro effect woudl make it light better and give it a 3d ish effect.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
CubedPC
Goober Member

Post by CubedPC »

That would be pretty sweet. What would be the best way to go about that? exacto knife?
cubedpc.com
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

well.. for one off yea... but if your having them laser cut see if you can get them ingraved too... if not contact sombody over at Xport1 and see if they can do anythign for ya.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
CubedPC
Goober Member

Post by CubedPC »

OH, the cases engraved, i thought you were talking about the hard drive. I definatly want to do some engraving, i hear if you do it correctly you can make it have sweet color changing effects due to refraction. If I get enough money together to buy a laser cutter, i might even be able to do custom engraving for a discounted price on our cases. That would be a long ways off though before I would have enough money to do that. If i did that, I would be needing a good source for lots of LED's, any ideas? haha :D
cubedpc.com
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Originally posted by CubedPC
I would be needing a good source for lots of LED's, any ideas? haha :D
You looking at it. if you want LEDs im the person to talk to. i can get all sorts of stuff. let me know what you want and i can get you some prices.
Skater4life420
Genuine Member

Post by Skater4life420 »

nice idea on the cubed cases
CubedPC
Goober Member

Post by CubedPC »

Thanks, I'm actually moving on now to a new case and computer, here are some pics:

View of top from front:

Mobo Side:

Drive’s Side:

you can see more pictures here
and more info here
cubedpc.com
The_Frapster
Golden Member

Post by The_Frapster »

Looking nice.

BTW, how much would you charge to do a custom job that would hold

2 PSU's - they will run together, the first one will be wired to turn on the second one
12-16 3.5 HD's-1 external mount
4 5 1/4 Drives-all external mount

I would like to be able to put fans in front all of the 3.5 drive cages,
all holes with air leading into case filtered.

LMK

Thanks!!! :D
Run fer your lives!!! The_Frapster's Coming!!!

<a title="Click here to view my Heatware Profile" href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=28300">
[ HEATWARE.com ]</a>
<a title="Click here to view My E-bay Profile" href="http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=the_frapster&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS">
[ eBay.com ]</a></p>
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Re: Clear cube computer project

Post by Karchiveur »

Originally posted by CubedPC
Some of you may remember that I posted a while back trying to see if there was enough interest in my computer cases to start making them in quantity to sell.

I remember ya! :)
Good work!
Nice to see ya posting in here again, and keeping us updated :cool :
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
CubedPC
Goober Member

Post by CubedPC »

I talked to Jason for you, who is the other person in CubedPC. Neither of us have the time between the computer cases we currently make and our jobs to do a custom case.

Karchiveur: Thanks :D I updated the photos above now that I got some better pictures. Enjoy
cubedpc.com
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

Woot!

I like the modded DvD drive...
Some day I might have to purchase one of these case's :D

EDIT: now seen as this is water cooled what if ya got clear hoses, and some kinda UV water or something :) ? or is there no such thing? It would be awesome to see the water "flow" through the hoses..!
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

the above pics don't show water cooling
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"