My first mod... a completely custom case.

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
The_Frapster
Golden Member

Post by The_Frapster »

Hmm, sorry still don't see it. Anyways, from the pics you put up it looks like a kickass job.

Glad you figured it out though. I would really love being able to hang out at your shop and shoot the breeze sometime. like I said, don't have the money to get my own stuff, but I really enjoed working with wood when I had the chance.
Run fer your lives!!! The_Frapster's Coming!!!

<a title="Click here to view my Heatware Profile" href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=28300">
[ HEATWARE.com ]</a>
<a title="Click here to view My E-bay Profile" href="http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=the_frapster&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS">
[ eBay.com ]</a></p>
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

added some fans. this is to tide me over till i change over to an aria (when they come down in price :eek: )

2 intel zeon processor fans. now performing as case fans. :) they aint quiet, but they lowered CPU temps a great deal. i still have the AMD hsf on there as well as it's original thermal paste. (the crap it comes with.. i suppose i could use some arctic ceramique, but why?)

edit:

it's holding temps at 36/18. during the day, it climbs to 42/29. but it used to get up to 45, but oddly enough, the case temp was always 18. methinks because i reversed the direction of the top fan, it now sucks the hot air past where the thermal probe is. so it's actually registering hot air now, instead of the freshly sucked in stuff.
crrttop11
Goober Member

one more problem

Post by crrttop11 »

One more problem your running windows. The case mod is great but think about linux.
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

I have. i tried it with redhat 7.2.. but i'm too stupid to set up giantdisc properly :(