Any Ideas..

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Any Ideas..

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Hey Guys,

Fixing to start work on the DragonSlayer mod again and thought I'd ask a question. I'm using an old IBM Tower case. The old PSU was HUGE so there were two separate holes, one for the fan (120MM) and one for the plug in. It's really too big to use for anything that I've found at this time, (May end up using it for the Radiator in the Water cooling) and I'd like to fill it in. Does anybody know of any material that I could use to close this up? I'd appreciate any help and ideas.. Perhaps a resin or epoxy? TIA

eGo

Ok, I have one suggestion for bondo. Sounds easy enough, but I'm going to have to fill in this hole :

I'm sure it's going to take a lot of work. But what techniques would you guys recomend for doing this? If nothing, I may just have to make some special mounting brackets for the radiator and then fill in the smaller gaps with some spray foam and then sand it down to flush and paint over it (that may be the easiest thing to do). But I'd really like to fill in the entire thing so that I can redrill and cut the mounting holes and make it look a little more professional.

Thanks!
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

Plexiglass?
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Originally posted by DaMaN
Plexiglass?

An Idea I hadn't thought off.. That could be easily attached and then painted. and used for mounting.. That may be the way to go.. Thanx DaMaN!! :D
PM before Email People!!
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Would you recommend using Step Bits for drilling the wholes in the plexi?
PM before Email People!!
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!