Stuck on "Nibbler"

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
joeyll
Genuine Member

Stuck on "Nibbler"

Post by joeyll »

Well...I've read about every thread that has the word "nibbler" in it in this forum and on Xoxides Forum and I think I get the point to not even attempt to cut out a window in the TOP of my case for this: http://www.crazypc.com/products/PX821996MR.html I've had this mirrored window sitting around for 2 weeks trying to decided how to go about using this "nibbler" tool. I finally just joined this forum and WALA!! My questions are ALL answered..This is a great forum I must say after having been using PCabusers forum for awhile. Anyway, my question is this...What is the BEST method in you guys opinion to cut out this window..dremel tool with what kind of blade..tungsten carbide or a wheel? Jigsaw with what type of blade? Or any other opinions someone might have..Also, should I completely take the top of my case off because if you say yes I think that may be impossible..How do I protect the inside of my case..plastic film maybe?? Any and all suggestions, opinions, facts or whatever is VERY much appreciated...THanks,

Joey

BTW...I have a Raidmax Scorpio 668 case and just bought a HIPER HPU-4S580-MS ATX12V 580W Power Supply thats about 5 inches for the top of the case...about 2 inches of the back side of the window will be over the PSU.. :P :chug
impuresoul2k3

Post by impuresoul2k3 »

:Q :chug
I like to use a dremel with fiberglass reinforced cutting discs. You should take the top cover off your case, but if it really is impossible to get off take everything out of the case. Yeah it sounds like a pain but so is shorting out a motherboard with a stray shaving. Tape can be used on the outside of the cutting line to protect the paint on the top of the case, just make sure to use quite a few layers.
Athlon 3500+
1.5gb PC4200 Ram
nVidia 7600GS
DVD+-R/RW Dual Layer
Segate 160gb HD
Sweet 15" CRT!

Heat
joeyll
Genuine Member

Post by joeyll »

Thank you... I'm able to take the top off my case I've figured out. I'm gonna start the project tomorrow and take pictures of the process and post them as a sort of "guide" so maybe it'll some newbie at modding like me. I've bought a Black & Decker 3spd Rotary with 30 acessories and clamps for $20 bucks on Ebay. I thought that was a killer deal. It says all Dremel accessories are compatible with it so I'll pickup a couple of fiberglassed reinforced cutting disks at home depot. Thanks again!