Project Monolith

Make windows, cool designs, heck just plain abuse that baby! Share case modding tips and ideas
Nomad

Project Monolith

Post by Nomad »

Lots of work was done here, yet I feel as though the tidiness of the whole thing could be much much better.... kind of like something found on milliondollarpc or something. Project looks good nonetheless.

Project Monolith
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Creative for sure. Im not sure how effective the video ram coolers are compared to a traditional sink. With everything being watercooled I doubt that even that huge radiator would work though considering the fact that its pushing the expent heat right back into the tubes carrying the fluid that it was attemping to cool. I watercooled for a while and did not see that much benefit over a good heatpipe cooler. With watercooling supposedly being quieter...how quiet can it be with a bunch of fans blowing against the fin edges on a radiator?
[email="chevelle.h@gmail.com"][color="red"]MAIL[/color][/email]
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

This is obviously a labor of love rather than practicality. Truely, the system would have worked just fine on air, but then what would he do with all his free time. I used to have free time too & did wierd things like this as well. It's really just for the fun of it.

As for water cooling, it can be worth it if you take the right approach. First off, the use of a radiator means that you can use larger fans. Larger fans can spin slower & keep the same air flow. Slower fans are near silent (especially 120mm ones). That said, I agree that the radiator shouldn't be mounted in the case. I believe that radiators should always be remote if your true intent is heat removal. Also if you are conveniently located near a vacant room or garage, you can run the lines out there & bump the fan speed to full & not suffer at all from sound. You can actually have a completely silent PC (excluding hard drives of course). The problem with it all though is the massive amount of work necessary to accomplish this. In the end, i just went for a Big Typhoon & a couple of Zalman's for the video cards. The fans are huge & mostly quiet. It's the power supply fan that always gets me. They just can't make powerful & quiet.
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

too much hose for my liking.

<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9490"><font color=red>My Heatware<font/></a> <font color=white><font size="2"> :cool

:hic :rockon: