"Say Hallo to my lil friend", the Antec LanBoy!

Catch the latest Reviews from PCA
WingedArrow
Goober Member

Over Heating with P4 2.8 E

Post by WingedArrow »

Hello,
I just assembled a new system inside LANBOY.
Here are my Specs
CPU: Intel P4/2.8EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT RT
Memory: Corsair DDRAM 1GB TWINX1024-3200C2PT
Graphics Card: ATI 9700 Pro
Motherboard: ABIT AI7

I am yet to install case fans, so the case is left open. Looks like the P4 generates alot of heat while running games. It easily reaches 60C for CPU and some 65C for PWM
I am using the retail heat sink that came with CPU.
Hope putting 2 fans in the case would keep temperature under contol when I close the case.

WA
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Re: Over Heating with P4 2.8 E

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Originally posted by WingedArrow
Hello,
I just assembled a new system inside LANBOY.
Here are my Specs
CPU: Intel P4/2.8EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT RT
Memory: Corsair DDRAM 1GB TWINX1024-3200C2PT
Graphics Card: ATI 9700 Pro
Motherboard: ABIT AI7

I am yet to install case fans, so the case is left open. Looks like the P4 generates alot of heat while running games. It easily reaches 60C for CPU and some 65C for PWM
Hope putting 2 fans in the case would keep temperature under contol when I close the case.

WA

I wouldn't really consider that overheating, but yes that is pretty warm. You may look into getting a different HSF if the additional case fans don't assist in decreasing temps.

GL eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
ShibasScotch

Re: Over Heating with P4 2.8 E

Post by ShibasScotch »

Originally posted by WingedArrow
Hello,

WA

Thats not death hot, however, make sure that you have some airflow, If by 2 fans, you mean one in the front one it the back, front blowing in, back blowing out, make sure that you keep as much airflow inbetween, things like ide cabels, can get in the way, causing the air to go nowhere, causing more and more heat :P I myself had 5 fans in one system at one point, 120mm in the front, 1 80mm in the side, 2 80mm in the back, and 1 80mm in the top, and shutting off one 80mm in the back, and the one in the side, had no effect whatsoever on the temp, after i got my rounded cables. ITs all a matter of testing stuff out :)
Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other, then themselves.