Antec Overture II

Catch the latest Reviews from PCA
nitro237

Antec Overture II

Post by nitro237 »

I had a chance to review the Antec Overture II case. Full featured like a tower case, and would be perfect for a HTPC or desktop PC.

Comments, questions or thoughts are most welcome. :)

Kenmeister
Goober Member

Overture 2 not good for desktop

Post by Kenmeister »

I love the Overture 2 (I had the previous Overture). It is roomy and the cooling is much improved. However, it is just a little too noisy to use for a desktop case with a Prescott or dual core system. The perforated cover and rear panel now lets you hear the CPU and graphics card fans in all their glory when they kick up to full speed. Once they heat up, they don't come down very far, so unless you are just surfing the web or word processing the whole time, the noise can be very annoying. If it was sitting across the room in an entertainment unit as a media PC, it would probably be OK.

I returned my Overture 2 and bought a P180. The P180 is a little big, but it is a gorgeous case and gives fantastic cooling at a low noise level. My Prescott system cools down nicely even after hours of intense gaming.
ChevymanUSA
Goober Member

Post by ChevymanUSA »

I was curious as to which drive color would look better beige or black drives. It's hard to tell from those few pictures, the front of the case appears to be silver.

Thanks in advance for the help.
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

ChevymanUSA, did you go to the review page? Click here Here's a couple of pics that show the front pretty good.

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

If you throw a beige drive in there it's going to clash like crazy. I think the best drive to put in would be silver, but black also looks good as seen in these reviews.

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Kenmeister
Goober Member

White drives look good in Overture 2

Post by Kenmeister »

It is hard to find a silver bezel drive, so the best colors would be black or white. I have a Plextor SATA DVD writer that came with black and white bezels, and I chose to stick with the white. When I returned my Overture 2 and got a P180, which has a black front behind the silver door, I still chose to stay with white. A little contrast helps your eyes to quickly zero in on the drive, but beige is just wrong. :cool :
fyulaba
Goober Member

Post by fyulaba »

I just bought the Overture II to build a PVR out of. I bought it as I needed something a more quiet than the old brand-x tower I've got. The review here on PCA helped me in the choice. It's was a bad choice though as it's really loud actually! It sure kicks butt in the cooling department though. It's always cool. If you stand by it, you can feel the air flow!

Is there anyway I can control the fans? They're all on full blast all the time it seems ...

It's a bit big too. Again, I want to put it in my room so a bad choice of case for that. That's all cool though as I'll probably end up using it as the back end and then just use an X-Box front end in my room. It is a really nice looking case and again, you can't beat the air flow!

Anyway! For those looking for a shot of the case with a nice sickly beige drive in it:

Life Sucks. Get a Helmet!