Name your must-see Anime =D

Talk about the latest and best Anime
DocSilly

Name your must-see Anime =D

Post by DocSilly »

I've seen plenty of anime so far but I know I'm still missing some great ones. No need to start with the usual suspects like Ghibli movies, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin or Cowboy Bebop, lets name some shows that're not so well known but still rock.
Let me start to name a few:

- Seikai no Monshou (Crest of the Stars) and Seikai no Senki 1+2 (Banner of the Stars) ... Sci-Fi, battles in space and one of the best character developments I've ever seen. It comes so far to a total of 36 eps but I hope they'll continue it sometime in the future. Crest of the Stars is completely out on DVD (boxset due this June) and Bandai just started to release Banner of the Stars on DVD.

- Infinite Ryvius ... I just finished watching this one, also sci-fi/space with great character development but quite different compared to Crest of the Stars. This one is licensed by Bandai but no news yet on DVD releases.

- Hellsing ... Alucard must be one of the coolest characters ever but he is certainly the coolest Vampire of all Anime. You get vampires, big guns, lotsa action, it just ownz.

- Azumanga Daioh ... You might say yet-another-highschool-anime, but you would be wrong. This one is funny, it's so enjoyable to watch, it's kawaii, it'll make you laugh a lot. It should never be dub'ed, the voices are just so kawaii. It's not yet licensed in the US, fansubs only.

- Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances) ... another highschool anime but this must be one of the best love-stories. The last eps are a lil weak but that because they stopped the Manga the Anime is based on somewhere in the middle.

- Saikano ... This is by far the sadest Anime I've ever seen and yet a great lovestory. Don't watch it when you're depressed! Not yet licensed in the US. This one certainly shows that Anime can show more than what you usually expect.

There're so many more but I have to stop somewhere (for now). You can get more details about the mentioned series at AnimeNfo. Some shows are only available as fansub cause they're not yet licensed in the US or they're licensed but no DVDs are available yet. I am in a constant process to replace my fansubs with DVDs as they become available (and my money allows). I have Anime on ~70 VHS, 20 single DVDs and a doxen DVD boxsets (some limited editions).
VooDoo
Golden Member

Post by VooDoo »

here some more

Noir

i have more but the site is in japanines (sp)

me
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

Yes, Noir is great, I really enjoyed watching it. The first DVD+box is already ordered.
VooDoo
Golden Member

Post by VooDoo »

i saw this years ago befor it came to the usa

jojo's bizarre adventure
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

Just finished another great anime. You like it when you enjoyed watching Serial Experiment Lain .
The name is Boogiepop Phantom and the storyline is wicked, it'll confuse the hell outta ya till almost the end, but that's the same with Lain ... this one is very dark and quite the horror story with a cool soundtrack. It is best watched late night in a dark room. :D
Absolut Talent
Almighty Member

Post by Absolut Talent »

Boogypop phantom......holy shit was it awsome

perfect blue
Armitage the third (the OVA perfect collection)
Bubblegum Crisis
Excel Saga (kinda fast paced comedy.....but I like it)
Ex-Driver (wish there was more)
FLCL
Initial D
Guyver (dunno why, but I liked this a lot. I remember watching the real action movies a long time ago)
Kite
Love Hina
Ninja Scroll
Real Bout Highschool
Robotech
SiN
Steel Angel Kurumi
Street Fighter Alpha
Trigun
Vampire Hunter D

I think that does it for my list
Gone for good. But never say never
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

im in the middle of watching "Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu" and i must say if you want a good laff watch this.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
VooDoo
Golden Member

Post by VooDoo »

what is FLCL

OMG i though i was the only Guyver fan

and for a even better laugh watch ranma 1/2

me
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

You haven't seen FLCL (aka. Furi Kuri) ?
This 6 ep OVA is sooo hillarious, so weirdly funny, it'll take you by surprise all the time and you'll laugh with tears in your eyes. I really had probs reading the subs :D
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

actually FLCL is a verry special anime for me... its the first subbed that i watched. and yes it is that good. everyting after that has been subbed.

Ill have to give that Ranma 1/2 a try.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
VooDoo
Golden Member

Post by VooDoo »

if you ever pass by gurnee drop me a line

you can barrow a few

me
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

well the prblem being... i dont own a single DVD player. not even in my computer.
VooDoo
Golden Member

Post by VooDoo »

they are on these thing called case tapes that you put

in side a box called vcr

they might be befor your time

me
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Beta? cool... i got like 3 players and 2 recorders. or is it U-matic? either or is good.
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

MY # 1 Must see Anime of all time is Serial Experiments: Lain. By far a mind expanding series that is my personal favorite of all the Anime i have seen.