Fast Downloads ---- Slow Browsing ?

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
Augix

Fast Downloads ---- Slow Browsing ?

Post by Augix »

My donwloads are pretty cool , range 160-240kbt/s but when i wanna surf on the internet looks like sometimes is stock , block it for a miliseconds or so . I dont know the dsl connection at work seems to kick the IE and is so smooth , even it''s a AOL dsl 512 against mine a 1.5mb cable ! :mad

DSL:jediCABLE
Heatware
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

there are MANY variables that affect internet speed...not just limited to how you are connecting.

just a few:

1. pc speed (hardware...cpu, NIC, etc) <---are you using a USB modem? those may have a higher latency than standard PCI NICs...

2. time of day (residential services are slower in the evening because everyone is at home surfing pr0n at that time)
3. individual sites bandwidth...some are faster than others
4. connection type. in general, there is no difference between similar technologies/speeds

if the same sites are ALWAYS slower on your home pc vs. your work's pc...compare the 2 pc's and see if there is a hardware difference that may account for it. if there isn't...it may be as simple as clearing your temp internet files or running a defrag.

Absolut Talent
Almighty Member

Post by Absolut Talent »

it also helps to not have a whole bunch of programs running too. Or if you just got out of a game

like I just got out of a battlefield game. Then I launch IE to come here and there was a slight delay
Gone for good. But never say never
Augix

Post by Augix »

oki so is normal ! isn't i t? :D
Heatware