Need help on large network question

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
stall6g

Need help on large network question

Post by stall6g »

I'm at work right now and my boss just came to me to ask me to price and buy a bunch of equipment to network some of our classrooms into an existing T1 connection. I can do a home network no problem but I freely admit this is a little over my head in choosing the correct equipemt. To give you some basic information the T1 line coming into the building already has top of the line network security features and if need be I can run down and get some of the schematics and model numbers of what we already have. Basically the laundry list that I was given was to find and order 7 5-port routers, 5 32-port hubs and 5 16-port switches along with tons of other cabling and cd duplicators. The basic premise is that each classroom will have internet connectivity and for the hubs to be utilized by the students to create their own network that would be a stand-alone. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and also a company that is reputable and would carry the necessary hardward and be able to give me a quote. Money is not a huge object since we just found out this morning that we were just given a rather large amount of money to spend before the end of the fiscal year.
Heat: stall6g