Wireless Internet

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
smb
Almighty Member

Wireless Internet

Post by smb »

Is anyone using wireless internet ? I'm testing a couple units from RioPlexWireless It's a bitexpnsive, but it's pretty fast.
DoPeY5007
Almighty Member

Post by DoPeY5007 »

that is a crazy price :rolleyes:

I have seen stuff that is 2x56k for like $59 a month
Image Image Image

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until you purr like a bitch-kitten!!"
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

$60 a month is not unreasonable for Wireless - but $300 is a lot to plunk down up-front on a modem.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

It has a built in antenna/receiver/decoder, so it's gonna be kind of pricey. it has about a 2-5% dropoff in bandwidth, but it's still fast. It's very portable as well.
canton_kid
Golden Member

Post by canton_kid »

Yep that sounds nut s to me!! And I am nearly desperate!

My isp is working on wireless now, waiting for the Antennas!
suposed to be $40 per month for unlimited service (up to 1.5mb).
Modem/antenna is supposed to cost me $100! Ya I'm jumping on it!!!
Matter of fact I will most likely be helping build it, and testing before it goes fully online. I am about the end of the line, close to the max distance it'll reach out.

128k and 256k doesn't sound that fast to me for wireless. I think satalite is way faster and not much more. Though I ended up hating Direc PC for various reasons!!

The Motarolla Canopy system is supposed to do 10mb! So 10mb shared amongst the users, and a T1 at the ISP would be a bottle neck :(

They must be limiting it back to a max your aloughed, not letting you get the full speed that is available.
Kinda like cable I think. You should fly when your the only one online at like 3am, but slow way down about 4-5pm when every-ones getting home from school and work. A shared bandwith type thing.
Canton_kid

spam bot food!
<A HREF="http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html">Anti-Spam</A>