12V UPS systems

Networking and broadband talkabout. Need help with that new router or setting up a network?
Pugsley

12V UPS systems

Post by Pugsley »

So I have had my router in my rack hooked up to my main UPS for years... and I think I want to move my router to the middle of the house for better reception all around. My bed and the router are at opposite ends of the house and my phone gets weak signal and some times will trip home automation stuff for when i leave and return.

Well its a 12v router and it seems silly to have a normal 120vac UPS just for it when it runs on 12VDC. Doe anyone make a unit that can use sealed lead acid batteries? I always end up with one decent one every year or so when my other 2 UPS units fail the battery packs and figured I could use that to run the routers UPS. I see a few units that have internal batteries in them for around 40 bucks but I wanted to reuse the old UPS batteries that I have. Does such a product exist or is this going to be a DIY thing? I just don't want to waste the time doing DIY if a commercial product exist.

Thanks.