Nvidia resizable bar performance test

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
Nuby1Canuby

Nvidia resizable bar performance test

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

Just in time for FlyingPenguin's new build TechPowerUp tests Nvidia bar support.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvid ... ance-test/

Here's their review on AMD smart access memory:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd- ... rformance/

Free performance increases are always good.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Nvidia resizable bar performance test

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Performance gains are modest, but a 2% -4% improvement for free is nice, and that may improve in time as games start to take specific advantage of it. However it's has to be tweaked for a specific game in the drivers, but I have 4 or 5 of the games listed.

Thanks for the article. I didn't know you had to have UEFI enabled to use Resizable BAR. I usually use Legacy BIOS because... I'm old. I haven't yet installed Windows or formatted the drive, so good timing.

I refuse to use Secure Boot though, so I reset the Secure Boot keys, which disables Secure Boot on all Asus mobos.

And guess what? In the upper right corner of the UEFI Control panel, after installing the latest BIOS, there's a "Resize BAR" setting to enable Resizable BAR support on the mobo. So I enabled it. :)

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Nvidia resizable bar performance test

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Linus did some Rebar testing on both AMD and NVidia's implementation. Interesting results. No brainer leaving it enabled for me.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "