You know you want it: 3dfx sucks!!

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
sbp

Post by sbp »

<a href="http://www.voodooextreme.com/games/inte ... ook/4.html" target="_new" title="Voodoo Extreme interview with Brian Hook">Ripped from voodooextreme's interview with Brian Hook</a>:

VoodooExtreme: What’s the video card scene looking like right now?

Brian Hook: Nvidia won. I think that pretty much sums it up.

VoodooExtreme: What about ATI’s Radeon?

Brian Hook: On paper, the Radeon is pretty nice. It actually has some features that the GeForce series doesn’t, such as 3D texture mapping, however ATI historically has crappy drivers, and driver quality really matters more than hardware features. If ATI can consistently hit product deadlines and start writing robust drivers, they should be a contender.

VoodooExtreme: And 3Dfx?

Brian Hook: That is one confused company. They’re floundering right now trying to find a direction. Unfortunately, that’s been their pattern since 1998…they really haven’t had much vision or execution since V2. The STB acquisition was a knee jerk reaction to competitive forces (specifically, the competition was kicking their ass). Now they’re saying that the STB acquisition was a mistake. The whole Gigapixel thing smacks of desperation. I have a feeling that 3Dfx is going to be a ripe acquisition target pretty soon.

-------------------------------------------

Seems to be on target in my book.
Jethro Bodine
Genuine Member

Post by Jethro Bodine »

SBP:
Nuh-uh! You lie! LIAR!

nVidia suxors! 3dfx rulez!

When I get my 6000..er, RAMPAGE, I'm gonna knock you out!

-Brotha
cobosdan

Post by cobosdan »

Yes, it sucks mummies !