geforce 2 mx probs!?

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
ji1831

Post by ji1831 »

i just recently bought a geforce 2 mx and my unreal tournement wont work full screen. does anyone kno wutz wrong? i have all the new drivers but i just dont kno.
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

I have a Hercules GeForce MX and UT runs fine have you tried appling the 4.36 patch? I think it helps the game detect the card correctly
ji1831

Post by ji1831 »

where do u get those?
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

Go to the download section here
http://www.unrealtournament.com/
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

What do you mean by "it won't run full screen"?

Is it running in a window or is the image just smaller than the monitor?

If the former you may be running in software mode. If you previously were running UT on a different card on this system, you need to make UT redetect the video card. Do this by running UT with the -firstrun command line switch. Make a copy of the UT shortcut and modify it to add this to the end of the command line like this as an example (your drive and path may be different):

L:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe -firstrun

Name it "UT Firstrun".

Now run this shortcut the first time after changing your vid card. It forces UT to redetect your video card. For a geforce card you should select Direct3D NOT OpenGL.

You may also have accidently minimized the game's window. There's an expand box in the upper right corner, as in most windows, to maximize it.

If the image is just smaller than the monitor but is not running in a window, you probably just need to adjust the monitor size controls. Assuming it's a modern push-button monitor it'll remember these settings for this resolution and refresh after you set it. It won't affect the image size of your desktop.

Hope this helps...
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.