The best way to convert avi/xvid/mpeg to DVD and DVD to xvid/avi is here!

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
UberNeuman
Golden Member

Post by UberNeuman »

okay... Uncheck the Correct Ratio box (if you have it checked) and choose 16x9 aspect if you trying to convert a widescreen source...

These are the settings I've used when putting shows like CSI or House.M.D. on Dvd and the apect has remained the same...

Are you getting full screen playback on your computer or set-top dvd player?

"When the going gets weird,
the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
d_b

Post by d_b »

Dont have correct aspect ratio box checked. I'll choose 16:9 and see what happens I get full screen on both after I use Gui4ffmpeg to convert. I hate watching movies ot TV shows on my comp, thats why i like to put them on DVD. this morning i got the latest doctor who and before i converted it it was anamorhic wide screen. after converting it was full screen.

Whenever you feel I'm "hopeless" on this "problem" just tell me :D

EDIT-- I did dr who in 16:9 and it came out perfect!! Thank You. I am now encoding a movie in 16 :9 to see how that goes. I owe you a beer or 3 :chug
I'm not lazy by nature, I work very hard at being lazy.
UberNeuman
Golden Member

Post by UberNeuman »

Glad to hear it - and you owe me a case of beer... :D

Busby - TMPGEnc is excellent for the user that wants to take the extra time to work on their video (I use it when I'm transferring videotape over to dvd) - but I use Gui4ffmpeg just for the speed and it does a good job on conversion for the other stuff....

"When the going gets weird,
the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
d_b

Post by d_b »

A case of Pabst Blue Ribbon is on its way!
I'm not lazy by nature, I work very hard at being lazy.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Just tried this with an AVI file, and it worked great. This thread should be a sticky. Thanks UberNeuman.
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

he did recommend en excellent program. i was having trouble converting some Avi files to mpg, but Gui4ffmpeg worked flwalessly.
johnny
Goober Member

Post by johnny »

There is a much easier way to make a DVD out of AVI's and that is to use WinAVI instead WinAVI Converter Home Page. With WinAVI you can in one step create the DVD files needed and then simply burn it with Nero, or whatever burn app you like. This is done without having to make the extra step of converting to MPEG2 first as above. You can even add multiple files and create a single DVD of many AVI's.