How do I overclock the core of my Creative Labs videocard ?

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
Kazer
Golden Member

Post by Kazer »

I'm using the drivers from the Creative Labs website and the tweaking utility that comes with it only allows for a memory overclocking.

is there a way to overclock the core using these drivers and not having to use Nvidia drivers ?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Core makes little difference compared to the memory timing.

There's other 3rd party overclocking utils out there. I use PowerStrip because under Win2K 3D mode always defaults to 60Hz and PowerStrip is the simplest way to override that - plus I like their overclocking control panel better.

If you're concerned about performance, though, you really should be using the NVidia Det3 reference drivers. They're usually more stable and outperform the manufacturer's drivers. I ONLY recommend the latest official driver (currently 6.31) NOT the betas or leaked drivers.

Only negative to the NVidia drivers is they won't support custom features like 3D Glasses or video capture if your card has that.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Kazer
Golden Member

Post by Kazer »

Core alone makes little difference but COre and Memory combined gives better performance.

I used to use the Nvidia Detonator 3 drivers but then I tried the Creative Labs drivers just to see if there was a difference. Switchng over to the CL drivers I had better picture and color quality. That is why I am sticking with the CL drivers.