Geforce2 MX Problems with UT?

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
Coca-cola Bear
Genuine Member

Post by Coca-cola Bear »

I don't know if I am the only one having this problem since, I have searched high and low all over the internet and found nothing about this problem. I have a geforce2 MX and it runs fine in UT if I run Det2 drivers. Only problem alot of other games I play "Delta Force LW, MW4" don't like det2's If I upgraded to the Det3's all my other games work fine but, in UT my mouse has a 1-2 second delay which basically makes the game unplayable. Am I going mad or is there a simple fix that is somehow not posted anywhere on the web.
MAC
Golden Member

Post by MAC »

Do you have UT upgraded to the latest patch? (4.36 I think) Also, have you tried any of the beta D3D dlls on the Unreal Technology page? http://unreal.epicgames.com/

The original version of UT and the first couple of patches ran like crap with D3D, but Epic improved the performance with each later patch (IMO).

Finally, you can try the beta OpenGL dll on the Unreal Technology page. With it and some changes to the Unreal Tournament ini file (given on that page also), you can use the hi-res textures on the 2nd UT CD. The new OpenGL dll runs fine, in fact I run UT under OpenGL and it works just fine. I have a GeForce DDR card using the latest Nvidia reference drivers (6.50)

MAC