New Geforce 364.47 driver causing crashes

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

New Geforce 364.47 driver causing crashes

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Avoid new Geforce driver released yesterday. Causing crashes.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... d-3-7-16-/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Re: New Geforce 364.47 driver causing crashes

Post by Err »

I saw the same issues being discussed on the Gu3d.com forums. I finally updated to the previous version Monday from the one I've been running since December.

NVidia has been having issues off and on ever since Windows 10 was released. Shadowplay still only works half of the time for me.

It's a shame there are issues with the new driver. It has support for Vulkan. I was looking forward to seeing how The Talos Principle runs with it.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

If anyone's brave, there's a beta driver fix out: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/50942/gef ... index.html

All of my nopes.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I never jump on the latest drivers. Been burned before. I let all of you test them first. LOL
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ya I don't update unless I buy a game that the update optimizes, and I image the boot drive first just in case.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Driver they just releasef to fix the last driver has even worse problems...

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/169958/more- ... ver-issues

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Driver they just releasef to fix the last driver has even worse problems...

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/169958/more- ... ver-issues
The 362.00 set is what I'm currently running on my 780 in Windows 10. I'm not seeing any issues. Shadowplay is a crap shoot. I may eventually dump the GeForce experience and just buy Fraps. The recommended settings in GeForce experience have been hit or miss too. It thinks I can run Dying Light on Ultra settings at 2x DSR. I can if I don't want 60 FPS but I prefer the later. However the recommended settings for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Witcher work great. I guess it's a good starting point. I typically turn my games all the way up and then start turning stuff down until I get the desired framerate. I'm definitely going to get a G-sync monitor when I decide to buy a new one.

FP, are G-Sync monitors display port only?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I never install GeForce experience. I do a custom install and only select the driver, control panel, and HDMI audio driver. I use FRAPS for video capture and MSI afterburner for framerating.

Yes, at this time all GSync monitors (in order to use Gsync) have to be display port. There are some GSync monitors that have alternate inputs, but they don't support GSync using those inputs. My ROG Swift GSync monitor is display port only.

GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

I run the GeForce Experience but generally ignore it when it comes to driver updates for my GTX 960. Currently running 359.00 and it's rock solid stable on Win10, so see no need to move forward unless something changes.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm currently on 361.75 and have had no issues. I don't plan to update unless needed.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I never install GeForce experience. I do a custom install and only select the driver, control panel, and HDMI audio driver. I use FRAPS for video capture and MSI afterburner for framerating.

Yes, at this time all GSync monitors (in order to use Gsync) have to be display port. There are some GSync monitors that have alternate inputs, but they don't support GSync using those inputs. My ROG Swift GSync monitor is display port only.
Thanks. I've been thinking about upgrading lately. I was considering a full build but I don't see much benefit in going from an I5 2500K @ 4.2GHz to Skylake at this time. I'm looking at a 980ti and then picking a up a G-Sync Monitor later. My 780 is fine but I'd like to move up to a 2K monitor. I'm also seeing the VRAM getting maxed out on some games (usually the Unity Engine). I'm on the fence because Pascal is supposed to be just around the corner.