NVIDIA Offers Preliminary Settlement To Geforce GTX 970 Buyers In False Advertising Class Action Lawsuit

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

NVIDIA Offers Preliminary Settlement To Geforce GTX 970 Buyers In False Advertising Class Action Lawsuit

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you bought a GTX 970, you might be getting back some money.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Card ... rtising-Cl
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: NVIDIA Offers Preliminary Settlement To Geforce GTX 970 Buyers In False Advertising Class Action Lawsuit

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I just got notified by NewEgg about a possible settlement relating to my GTX 980. Hadn't heard about anything involving the 980.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: NVIDIA Offers Preliminary Settlement To Geforce GTX 970 Buyers In False Advertising Class Action Lawsuit

Post by Err »

A friend at work got an email from newegg for his 980Ti. I bought mine from Amazon and haven't seen anything yet. Neither of us can find out why the 980 series is included. I don't even remember them being mentioned when the 970 memory issue was uncovered.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I wonder if that's just a mistake on NewEgg's part? I Googled around and found nothing on a settlement concerning the 980.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

i got the NewEgg email for the 970.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looks like the email I got on the 980 was a mistake. They just sent me a correction email.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

It turns out that Newegg also sent the e-mail to 960 owners and some AMD owners: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/newegg ... 32396.html