Are these good deals?

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
wvjohn

Re: Are these good deals?

Post by wvjohn »

If anyone is looking at cases, I got this one for my wife's new build. Lots of space and great ventilation with top fans.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z ... UTF8&psc=1
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ok, hate to say it, but it clearly states that it's "Non refundable", only exchange for the same if it's not working. You need to look for that under the return policy for each item on NewEgg nowadays. I think it has to do on how they get special pricing on them.

However, they should not have even allowed you to ship it back if it didn't quality for a refund.

Yeah, I like buying from NewEgg, and generally have no issues, but a year ago they started doing things like this and I always double check to see the restrictions. Since I have Amazon Prime now, I usually order from Amazon but only if it's "sold by Amazon". I don't generally deal with resellers on Amazon for big ticket items.

Here's a screenshot from the Warranty & Returns tab on that product:
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

Is the middle hard drive cage of your case removable?
If it is you should be able to remove it and move your hard drives to the top cage, using 5.25 to 3.5 inch adapters.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Did you do the RMA through the web interface? It shouldn't have even let you do a return if it didn't quality for a return.
Your RMA (RMA Number: xxxxxxxx) return was received and sent to our Inspections Department for closer examination.
Screw them. I'll never buy another item from them. I've already told them to delete my account.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Nuby1Canuby wrote:Is the middle hard drive cage of your case removable?
If it is you should be able to remove it and move your hard drives to the top cage, using 5.25 to 3.5 inch adapters.

Yep that is my exact case. I will also need some 45 degree serial cables, because the card will hit the serial ports. I'll backup all my stuff first before modifying the case. I need to crack it open anyways, as I noticed dust is starting to build up inside.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Unusual to see a drive cage right in front of the video card slots like that. I guess its an option if you want double the drives since there's also a bay below.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Unusual to see a drive cage right in front of the video card slots like that. I guess its an option if you want double the drives since there's also a bay below.
The Chieftech Dragon was that way too but it was a longer case. I wish Antec had turned the cage 90 degrees.