Nvidia Adds Telemetry To Latest Drivers

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
Executioner
Life Member

Nvidia Adds Telemetry To Latest Drivers

Post by Executioner »

Whats the world coming to? http://www.gamersnexus.net/industry/267 ... r-analysis

I probably won't have an issue with it if it was kept internally, but when it says it will "share" your information with other partners, that is where I would draw the line.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Nvidia Adds Telemetry To Latest Drivers

Post by FlyingPenguin »

To be clear, that's not in the drivers. That's only if you install the Geforce Experience, which I never do.

Geforce Experience is a useless piece of bloatware that phones home to check for driver updates, has a utility to configure video settings for games to their tested presets to (in theory) give the best possible performance (it fails to do that IMO), and has a game streaming feature.

None of this I need, and I always recommend you don't install it.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

If you wish to keep GeForce Experience for Streaming or Shadow Play, you can disable the telemetry as follows:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/sof ... _process/1

If you want to capture without ShadowPlay, try MSI afterburnder (works with any brand). You'll have to set up the recording section but you can choose to encode using the same technology as ShadowPlay. Open Broadcaster Software is also free and can capture and stream.

I've found that the recommended presets for games in GeForce Experience are often wrong. I think it's easier to just crank everything up and then start turning down settings.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

My same experience. Their presets never worked for me.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "