NVIDIA Marbles RTX

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

NVIDIA Marbles RTX

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hoe..ley... CRAP! Maybe we will be living in the Matrix soon...
Marbles was created by a distributed team of artists and engineers in Omniverse, assembling VFX+ quality assets into a fully physically simulated game level. There was no sacrifice to quality and fidelity that typically results from "gamifying" art assets to run in real-time. Marbles runs on a single Quadro RTX 8000 simulating complex physics in a real-time ray traced world.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: NVIDIA Marbles RTX

Post by Losbot »

That looks freakin' amazing!!
------------------------------------------

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Marble Madness 2020?
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

That looks great. I'd like to see this as a real game similar to Mario Maker where you have the developer levels and then have the ability to make your own levels and upload them to a server.

I'm hoping the new Ampere cards offer a significant increase over my GTX1080. Now that I have a 4K monitor, I need a bit more power.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Same boat as you. Still on a GTX 1080, which does a good job in most gsmes, but with the ultra wide monitor it could use a bit more oomph.

Didn't want to waste money on the rather disappointing 2080.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Same boat as you. Still on a GTX 1080, which does a good job in most gsmes, but with the ultra wide monitor it could use a bit more oomph.

Didn't want to waste money on the rather disappointing 2080.

The 2070 Super is probably the best bang for the buck in the higher-end segment. The 2080 is overpriced for the extra 8% performance but its 40% performance increase over the 1080 is nothing to sneeze at.

I think the next generation of cards is supposed to come out in a few months so hopefully the mid range prices will get more reasonable.

Here's relative performance at 2160P compared to a 2070 super:

Here's relative performance at 1440P compared to a 5600 XT: