NVIDIA silently resurrects the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (maybe)

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

NVIDIA silently resurrects the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (maybe)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I hadn't realized, until I looked today, pricing new system parts for a friend, that it's not just new gen video cards that are scarce, but EVERTHING that's scarce. Even previous gen AMD and NVidia cards are scare. I did find RTX 2060s, but they're ridiculously over priced at $900 and up. An AMD Rx5700XT is an insane $1400. Even GTX 1080ti refurbs are around $1k!

Feel sorry for anyone building a new DIY system who doesn't already have a card.

That's why I'm keeping the old spare GTX 760 on the shelf instead of passing it on like I usually do. That's my backup card if the 3080 or the 1080 in the workstation needs to be RMA'd.

Anyway, according to this article, it may be that some OEMs are cranking out new 1080ti's. Makes sense. It's still a good card, and the chips for it are easier to fab.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-si ... 040.0.html
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: NVIDIA silently resurrects the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (maybe)

Post by Losbot »

My 1080Ti runs great. No complaints.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah I've even gone on EVGA's website looking for a GTX 760, and they are not available. Nothing is available that is at least a decent card. Ever since people started to make bitcoins, GPU's have gone way up and hard to find. I'm clad I kept some of my old cards. I even have a Voodoo2 card that I kept.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

1050ti's and GTX 760s all over Ebay for buy it now price of around $150, which I guess if you really needed a card is okay. Just not sure I'd trust anything on Ebay. At the very least you're probably getting a used mining card and should replace all the heatsink compound.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "