Waste of Money: NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti Review & Benchmarks

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Waste of Money: NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti Review & Benchmarks

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hardware Jesus is very angry with NVidia. A few percent more FPS, for a whopping $400 more than the 3080, even assuming you could buy it for MSRP.
The long-awaited NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti GPU is out!… of stock. But if you wanted to see what $1200 got a scalper, we’ve got our full review of this opportunistic gouge of a video card.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Waste of Money: NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti Review & Benchmarks

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Jayz got to test the Founders and the EVGA FTW superclocked version. The EVGA is a much better card for the money. Pricey, but as fast as a stock 3090 for less money and you can actually get it for MSRP direct from EVGA on their waiting list.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I just logged into my "Elite" EVGA page and was able to click on a 3080TI FTW. "Elite" members are supposed to get first access. EVGA wants $1,400 dollars for this card. They are also already sold out of everything.

If this is the direction that PC gaming is headed, I'm out. I wouldn't pay that if the card was available.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Been trying to login into the Elite page, but EVGA's site has been down since 6am with the bots hammering it. Want to get in the queue for the FTW3 version. Not a big deal, I'm happy with my FTW3 3080, but if I can get a Ti for that price I'm willing to for a bit more performance and RAM, and I'll pass on my 3080 to someone.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Finally managed to log in and get in the queue, for what it's worth.

fords8

Post by fords8 »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:46 am Finally managed to log in and get in the queue, for what it's worth.
What is the release date they are showing?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Release date is today, but needless to say the bots and scalpers got everything. I just wanted to get into the queue as soon as possible to have a chance of getting one sometime this decade :P

fords8

Post by fords8 »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:08 pm Release date is today, but needless to say the bots and scalpers got everything. I just wanted to get into the queue as soon as possible to have a chance of getting one sometime this decade :P
You trying to get 12G-P5-3967-KR ?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yup.

Someone I know who got in the queue just before me, got his email this afternoon that he can order his card. He went for the AIO water cooled version of that card, though.

fords8

Post by fords8 »

I checked to see if I could get some. Was a no go right now. Won't be in stock till August. I am sure I will get some before hand. Have non ti 3080s coming in. :)
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Jesus Christ! $1400 for a video card? I know it's due to mining, but give me a break. I wish the mining phenomena would simply go away. Complete waste of resources and not to mention cost of a video card for the average gamer.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And except for Linus, who seems to be trying to defend Nvidia's money grab lately, no one is impressed with the 3070 ti. Performance doesn't really warrant the extra $100 (MSRP) and the silicon would have been better used cranking out more 3070s instead of diluting the high end market even more.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I looked at some of the charts for the 3070TI this morning. At the very least they could've added some more RAM to the card to make it worth the premium price.