Which to keep - which to sell

Discussions and tips on NVidia, ATI, etc. and Video Editing Forum
Underclocked

Post by Underclocked »

Just got a new Asus AGP-V6800 Deluxe today. Haven't been in the box, but I'm going to inspect it. Big question for me is whether to install it or leave the Radeon LE in my machine. One is going to be sold/traded. What do you guys/gals recommend?
Coco

Post by Coco »

Keep the Radeon if...

You have a huge monitor and run at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200. Overall first Generation GeForce/MX sucks in 2d IMO.

You care about Dx8 games, after the hack to enable HyperZ and etc. It is almost as fast as a regular DDR Radeon.

The card got DDR RAM, very overclockable.

You can sell for Asus V6800 Deluxe for more money :)

Keep the Asus if...

You play a lot of games and care mostly about speed.

Need VIVO, want to play with the Asus 3D glasses.

The card can do some simple video editing with the video-in feature. (Nothing great like Mpeg compression)
Frost
Golden Member

Post by Frost »

I'd have to agree with coco. But if your looking for my oppinion I wouls say Radeon. I love mine :)
<a href=mailto:Frost@pcabusers.com>E-mail</a> / <a href=http://heatware.elitehardware.com/view.shtml?action=list&option=frost>Heatware</a> / <a href=http://frostyspc.homestead.com>My computer</a>
Underclocked

Post by Underclocked »

Well, I solved that dilemna. Sold both of them. Went back to my Viper 770 and the screen is looking good enough for this old fart!
Running 2K with the Radeon just wasn't very satisfying. The Asus would surely have given me a thrill, but that could have been dangerous for me. ;)
Big Lar
Goober Member

Post by Big Lar »

Glad you Sold that Radeon, To Me :) It's runnin great!
Whats with all the Smoke??
renovation

Post by renovation »

ha old fart -you follow my lead i sold my radeon vivo and went back to a good old viper 770 :)
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help