Spectrum mobile

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Spectrum mobile

Postby reno » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:28 am

Im dumping sprint finally . they gave me the runaround yesterday trying to upgrade . I was having a bad phone day . so I went on sprints web site and got into a chat . they agree to offer me a samsung Galaxy s-10 for the price that new owners get on a lease . they told me to call and talk with account and service team and it be a done deal. ok after two long calls they said yes it approved . I was on the phone for 15 to 20 mins and its decided im getting a black s-10 .im talking to the rep who happen to be in Western Europe its just about done were just double checking address info and the call is drop. so i think he just call me back . i waited about 20 min or so no return call. then iI called back and Sprint said they can't sell me a phone at agree price .and have no record of agreement they keep transferring me to different people . after what seem like a hour and half .they say its not possible i was ever given that deal. funny thing is i printed out my chat log . i keep saying to all these people i have a printed copy of the chat and Id email to them . they all say we have no way of receiving a email or copy of the papers . im sitting back thinking its the dark ages at sprint or they don't want to Honor the agreement. i keep hearing we honor the free activation and give you free netflix. I could get a deal on a notepad . did they try pushing the notepad . :bang

anyway if I were to accept getting a new phone no. or new line of service they give me $20.00 lease deal . but it be double the price if i keep my same no. I have had for 16 plus years now . with any other cell company they just port my old no.over. screw sprint .

on second note anyone else using spectrum mobile ? and how has your service been .?

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Spectrum mobile

Postby Losbot » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Couldn't tell you. I've been on T-Mobile for like 12yrs and I'm happy with them.

reno

Postby reno » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:23 pm

let the learning curve begin's again -new S 10 arrived today . order new case for it thought it be just about like my old case .not quite the new ZIZO Bolt case has no plastic screen protector . it looks close to my old otter case worked the same but had a plastic screen guard . but at 1/2 the price of the otter still the better buy and both are lifetime warranty. I have enough left over cash to order a 3 pack of screen protector from LK off amazon .

reno

Postby reno » Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 pm

follow up -very happy with Spectrum mobile service so far . seem better then sprint was here in my area . now as for signal bars between new and old phone cant really say . I never really think there accurate on any cell phone just a gage to make you feel better.

reno

Postby reno » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:43 pm

getting my first real bill from spectrum -it seems really good charges including the phone it self .$65.50 for the month including any taxs !
that sure better then my bill on wife's Apple se thats leased . her bill is $83.plus change :( and there still payments needed before we can get off there service :(

reno

Postby reno » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:40 am

Found one big thing that's not good about Spectrum service --- you can call Mexico or Canada from the USA. if you travel to either of these country . you will be charged international roaming charges for any calls or texts sent while there .
we were fine with sprint because its included these places on are contract. sure glad that they sent a message warning me of these charges when we crossed over the boarder to Canada . I did call and ask if my plan included both before I switched .was told yes I could call mexico and canada. wasn't informed that there no international plan avail at this time . sure glad this was just a day trip and wife was still with sprint. there also surcharges when you boost or remove data plans with spectrum . but its nice that your not on a yearly contract. so its easy to move to a new carrier if you need or want to .

Losbot
Almighty Member

Postby Losbot » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:55 am

That's why I have T-Mobile, with no contract. Mexico and Canada are also included (even roaming) as well as a bunch of other countries are included. They also have contracts with many cruise ships, so you can use your phone and not get dinged for that either.

Return to “Mobile Computing”