Spectrum mobile

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Spectrum mobile

Post by reno »

Im dumping sprint finally . they gave me the runaround yesterday trying to upgrade . I was having a bad phone day . so I went on sprints web site and got into a chat . they agree to offer me a samsung Galaxy s-10 for the price that new owners get on a lease . they told me to call and talk with account and service team and it be a done deal. ok after two long calls they said yes it approved . I was on the phone for 15 to 20 mins and its decided im getting a black s-10 .im talking to the rep who happen to be in Western Europe its just about done were just double checking address info and the call is drop. so i think he just call me back . i waited about 20 min or so no return call. then iI called back and Sprint said they can't sell me a phone at agree price .and have no record of agreement they keep transferring me to different people . after what seem like a hour and half .they say its not possible i was ever given that deal. funny thing is i printed out my chat log . i keep saying to all these people i have a printed copy of the chat and Id email to them . they all say we have no way of receiving a email or copy of the papers . im sitting back thinking its the dark ages at sprint or they don't want to Honor the agreement. i keep hearing we honor the free activation and give you free netflix. I could get a deal on a notepad . did they try pushing the notepad . :bang

anyway if I were to accept getting a new phone no. or new line of service they give me $20.00 lease deal . but it be double the price if i keep my same no. I have had for 16 plus years now . with any other cell company they just port my old no.over. screw sprint .

on second note anyone else using spectrum mobile ? and how has your service been .?
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Spectrum mobile

Post by Losbot »

Couldn't tell you. I've been on T-Mobile for like 12yrs and I'm happy with them.
reno

Post by reno »

let the learning curve begin's again -new S 10 arrived today . order new case for it thought it be just about like my old case .not quite the new ZIZO Bolt case has no plastic screen protector . it looks close to my old otter case worked the same but had a plastic screen guard . but at 1/2 the price of the otter still the better buy and both are lifetime warranty. I have enough left over cash to order a 3 pack of screen protector from LK off amazon .
reno

Post by reno »

follow up -very happy with Spectrum mobile service so far . seem better then sprint was here in my area . now as for signal bars between new and old phone cant really say . I never really think there accurate on any cell phone just a gage to make you feel better.
reno

Post by reno »

getting my first real bill from spectrum -it seems really good charges including the phone it self .$65.50 for the month including any taxs !
that sure better then my bill on wife's Apple se thats leased . her bill is $83.plus change :( and there still payments needed before we can get off there service :(
reno

Post by reno »

Found one big thing that's not good about Spectrum service --- you can call Mexico or Canada from the USA. if you travel to either of these country . you will be charged international roaming charges for any calls or texts sent while there .
we were fine with sprint because its included these places on are contract. sure glad that they sent a message warning me of these charges when we crossed over the boarder to Canada . I did call and ask if my plan included both before I switched .was told yes I could call mexico and canada. wasn't informed that there no international plan avail at this time . sure glad this was just a day trip and wife was still with sprint. there also surcharges when you boost or remove data plans with spectrum . but its nice that your not on a yearly contract. so its easy to move to a new carrier if you need or want to .
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That's why I have T-Mobile, with no contract. Mexico and Canada are also included (even roaming) as well as a bunch of other countries are included. They also have contracts with many cruise ships, so you can use your phone and not get dinged for that either.