Was hoping to get away with this !

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Was hoping to get away with this !

Post by reno »

My grandson who just about 3 years old . pop a key off my Dell Vostro laptop tonight . so we thought we could get away with tricking the wife into giving me the ok to do a upgrade . didn't work do -she just said try and reinstall it as she stood behind be trying to pop it back on . :( so we be keep using this unit for a while longer ! not that we need a new replacement . just it been nice to upgrade to a little better one net time .
net one we want to make sure we can upgrade the ram and change out the Hard drive /add a second one. lastly be able to remove the battery .
we are not on this unit without opening up the case . that I'm not gutsy enough to do these days . we should of done a bit more research when we order this dell .we'll know next time before we press the order confirmed button with Dell . also call there there sales department to reconfirm my wants. :cool:
Executioner
Life Member

Re: Was hoping to get away with this !

Post by Executioner »

What model of Dell Vostro? I've only taken 1 part: Dell Vostro 3700. It had Windows 7, which I sold as a used laptop after taking it apart.

I've sold over 100 used laptops so far on Facebook Market place. I've even sold 2 that had Linux on them. I usually open them up so I can clean the insides, re-paste the cpu/gpu, tighten the hinges, replace the CMOS battery, clean the fan etc.

After taking so many part from Dell, HP, etc., they have gotten cheap in using too much plastic. There was one I had to use Super Glue Sand (Johnny Weld) with Super Glue to fix the hinges because they were broken off from the plastic.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: Was hoping to get away with this !

Post by reno »

just to let you know its a Vostro 15 3510 .