hp laptop problem

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
two slow

hp laptop problem

Post by two slow »

It is a DV6810us model
I was using it to surf and burn a disk and it shutdown. When I try to turn it on is all the lights around blink on for a second, like it is starting, but no fans or nothing else. The screen stays black, the power cord light is on.
Any ideas?
<marquee><span style="width: 100%; Filter: Glow(Color=#3333FF, Strength=2)">I was here</span></marquee>
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You sure that the power supply is working and making a good connection? Sound like the battery has run down.

Not uncommon for the charge jack to weaken and become intermittent. You should have some kind of indicator light on the laptop that confirms the laptop is receiving power.

If you have a power light then try removing the battery. Maybe it's shorted out and loading down the power supply.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

two slow

Post by two slow »

the power light is on but the charging light is off. took the battery out and it does the same thing. is there a way to test the power cord? the jack in the laptop seems solid. I also tried a hard reset.
I found some more info on these. Some of the 6000 series are having mobo problems. Mine isn't included in the list though. I'm just hoping its something else
<marquee><span style="width: 100%; Filter: Glow(Color=#3333FF, Strength=2)">I was here</span></marquee>