Some palm thing?

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
Koo Koo Mouse

Some palm thing?

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

HI All!
I picked up a plam Tungsten T2 at a garage sale today to mess with for less than 5 bucks.. It has charging pod and a USB connecter but no pen..
It is even worth putting anything into this thing?
All I get is "touch this spot with the pen" on the screen when powerd up..
Koo Koo Mouse

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

Opps ment palm..{plam face} Heh Sorry.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

When you first power up a Palm device after the battery runs down, it has you do a calibration by touching spots on the screen. You don't need a Palm stylus to just test it out. Anything will work - even a regular pen with the tip retracted.

I like the Palm OS. I have a Palm TX PDA (probably the best PDA Palm ever made). If the device seems to work and you have a sync cable for it you can download the Palm desktop for free here: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common ... ml#windows

I am running Palm Desktop 4.1.4 in Windows7 x64 just fine. The only problem is that there are no USB drivers for Palm devices for 64bit, only 32bit operating systems. The workaround is to use Bluetooth for sync instead. I have a BT USB receiver for my PC. You can also use Wifi to sync on some models.

The real question is going to be is whether there's any life left in that battery.

I just retired my Palm TX (with great reluctance) a month ago and bought an iPod Touch to replace it. The Touch is fine but I don't really like using Outlook. I really miss the Palm desktop app.

BTW if you're really interested in using a Palm PDA, my Palm TX is free to a good home. It's only 2 years old so the battery still has a good life span. It has a charging/sync dock. I used it for scheduling appointments, address book, taking notes, and even reading ebooks in text file format. It'll also play MP3s but I never used it for that.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Koo Koo Mouse

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

Thanks a bunch FP.
Yup anything with a point works on it. Unfortunately it quits responding after a short time. No touch screen or button responce. A little smack seams to help for a bit. May take it apart on look for a cold solder joint or connection. If I can't get this working I may take you up on that offer. :)
Thanks again!