Google throws 'kill switch' on Android phones

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
renovation

Google throws 'kill switch' on Android phones

Post by renovation »

Automatically deletes more than malware-infected apps downloaded by users
oogle made the move to erase malware-infected applications that users had downloaded from the Android Market, the company's official e-store.

Last Wednesday, Google removed more than 50 infected apps published by three different developers from its marketplace, but didn't trigger automatic uninstalls until several days later.

In many cases, the malicious apps were bogus versions of legitimate programs that had been recompiled to include malware, or as a Symantec researcher said last week, "Trojanized."

Android
After attacks, Google vows to fortify Android storeAll high-end Motorola phones to pair with dockVisual tour: The Android tablets of MWCHands on: Norton Mobile Utilities for Android betaAndroid to dominate, while operators look for traffic salvation at MWCSprint's dual-screen Echo smartphone to sell for $199Android outranks iPhone in latest comScore dataDevelopers give new Android Market a thumbs upGoogle spills details on Android 3.0 OS, moreWeb store and in-app purchases coming to Android More at our Android page According to San Francisco-based smartphone security firm Lookout, between 50,000 and 200,000 copies of the apps were downloaded by users before Google yanked them from the Android Market.

Google has thrown the Android app "kill switch" only once before: In June 2010, it yanked a pair of apps it said were published by a security researcher, who "intentionally misrepresented their purpose in order to encourage user downloads."

In that case, however, the apps were not designed to be used maliciously, and did not request permission to access private data.
way more reading at link below !
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... geNumber=1
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Honestly, so long as they use the "kill switch" responsibly, I consider it good.