notebook carrying case/sleeve

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
darcy

notebook carrying case/sleeve

Post by darcy »

goin' away next month & hubby reckons to take his notebook along.

never traveled w/one on airline before.
he is looking for a low-cost carrying case or sleeve { but i don't know if a sleeve is doable(?) }, and besides that, it should have a handle.

any suggestions on what/where to buy online?

notebook dimensions:
13" x 9" x ~1"
it is an HP notebook, if that makes any difference,,

thank u : )
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Honestly, I would recommend a laptop backpack. That's how I travel with a laptop. Easier on your arms and shoulders lugging that laptop and all it's accessories around the airport. The laptop backpacks are padded to protect the laptop if you drop it.

Most airlines treat a laptop backpack as a "personal item" (like a purse) so you can still carry a carry-on bag as well. If you travel light, the backpack alone can be your only carry-on and that's easy to lug around the airport. I can stuff a LOT into my backpack, along with the my laptop.

I didn't spend too much on mine. I bought a Targus backpack 12 years ago and it's still in great condition. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Backpack-D ... p+backpack

Whole bunch of them on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... p+backpack

Office Depot carries them too.

Be aware that you MUST remove the laptop from the backpack or carry case/sleeve when you go through security at the airport so they can x-ray it separately (unless it's one of the pricier x-ray friendly cases).

Additionally, if you are flying outside of the country, be aware that customs & TSA has the right to search and seize your laptop, so I would recommend you don't carry any files that could be construed as pirated, or any personal files you wouldn't want TSA reading. With so much free cloud storage available today, just put it on the cloud and download it when you get there as needed.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

darcy

Post by darcy »

thank u for the addn't airport info, FP : ), but as to the backpack option, ~

problem is, we are stuck w/flying Spirit Air, and any bag that doesn't meet their dimension to fit under the seat in front of you [ 16" x 14" x 12" ] they charge you extra for it,~ almost as much as checked luggage! { and we already pay for checked luggage },,

all carry-on is no longer free on this airline, ~ only the dimension/s i posted above are "no cost".

that's why i was thinking of something slimmer.

me, ~ i take my "personal" carry-on bag { which fits under the seat in front of me }, as well my handbag { which is technically a 2nd free personal item }, but the both of them together, still fit under the seat, and i haven't gotten grief about doing that yet.

meanwhile, my husband found this: http://www.buy.com/prod/case-logic-lneo ... 27496.html , which would be pefect, except it's too small by one inch!

he could get away w/bringing that onboard (free), along w/his free personal item/carry-on, ~ i just can't find something similar that fits his notebook,,

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Laptop bags/sleeves are one of the few things that I prefer to buy in person. It's hard to find just the right one without actually putting the laptop into it. I'd bring it with you to Walmart or whatever you have out there & see what it fits into properly.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Agreed. Office Depot and the other office stores all usually have a good selection.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

darcy

Post by darcy »

thanks, you two, ~ but there is nothing around by us but a radio shack,,,

meanwhile, i came across this, which might suit the bill, ~ http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-VNA214 ... B002SU4ED4