Mini Review: Vlingo (Siri-like Assistant for Android)

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Mini Review: Vlingo (Siri-like Assistant for Android)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

They've actually been around a VERY long time (their blog posts go back to 2009). It's free although there's a premium version without ads.

Just installed it and tried it out and it works very well, even for something as complicated as an email. I like to email myself reminders so I'll probably use this a lot.

Works as good as Siri is reputed to work from what I can see. I tried looking up some nearby restaurants, placing phone calls, and sending emails.

It'll also read emails and texts for you (not something I need so I haven't tried it yet).

There's an InCar mode that's completely hands-free, but it doesn't work very well with my blue-tooth headset and I'm not sure how well it will understand me off the phone mic while the phone sits in a cradle on the dash, but I'll give it a try. The InCar mode can eat up you battery (because it has to listen all the time for you to call out "Hey Vlingo!") but you can specify to only enable this when the phone is connected to a charger.

http://www.vlingo.com/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.