Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
b-man1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Post by b-man1 »

so i ended up getting the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 instead of the Nexus 7. while i love the hardware in the N7, the Tab won out due to a few features, mainly storage. i travel a fair amount, and having plenty of tv shows and movies is important.

i have the 8GB version and added in a 32GB sd micro card. to top it off, the package deal i got included a free keyboard docking station and usb adapter. the cool thing with the usb adapter is i can connect any usb device i want, including any usb stick or hard drive. it won't power the smaller 2.5" drives, so it has to be externally powered for hard drives. usb memory sticks are so cheap now, so it's basically unlimited storage for the tablet.

it also comes with a universal remote app preinstalled (it has an IR blaster on it) that lets you control any multimedia devices you have, including creating macros, saving different rooms separately, etc. it also asks for your tv provider or over-the-air location and then displays a nice tv schedule for you.

while not exclusive to the Tab, i'll be playing around with it in my cars as well. i ordered a OBDII scan tool w/ bluetooth. load up the free "Torque" app on it and it connects wirelessly to the OBD device and lets your customize realtime stats. nothing more than a toy, but cool to play with.

:yo