Dell Business phone sales and support

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Dell Business phone sales and support

Post by reno »

why in the world have company's like Dell gone to exporting call centers . we all know to save money. yesterday I order a new Laptop for my Sister.
at 10:59 pm my phone rings and its some guy from a non- american speaking country calling me . he asking me to confirm my order and address . he not only asking me to confirm also my billing and shipping address . he asking me to confirm my last order shipping address . then wants me to confirm my phone number, last mailing address ,billing address for my credit card ,date of birth and so on. the only thing he didn't ask me was the credit cards account no.. he is also asking me if i know this address and these phone no. at times thought out are phone call .hell I didn't know the address he was asking .they could of been other clients home address I had units ship to. this whole time he having to repeat every question 2-5 times because he speaks broken English at best. this call lasted like 15 mins or longer do to his lack of speaking English. i would of just hung up but i seen the incoming call was from Dell Small Business support on my cell. I did place the order online around 3 PM yesterday. part of the problem iI think is my Michigan address . my cc billing address are different its connect to my Florida address. after this agonizing phone call of 100 questions plus .he said im going to authorize this order in some kind of broken English . then the last words are are you willing to take a survey. ( CALL CENTERS EXPORTING -SUCK THE BIG ONE ! )
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Dell Business phone sales and support

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You sure it was really Dell? The date of birth sounds fishy.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Yeah, for them to call that late I would tell them off and myself call in the next day to follow up.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

it was really dell sale support team .
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

reno wrote:but i seen the incoming call was from Dell Small Business support on my cell. \
PSA - Please don't assume that because your CallerID states it's coming from a known number or is resolving to show you a company name that it's actually them. If you'd like, give me your number and I'll call you as Dell Small Business Support as well :) One thing is answering minor questions, but if you receive a call and they start asking you questions like name, address, birth date, stop right there. Unless you initiate the call, never provide any personal information to someone who called you. At my company (we provide various telecom services (voice, fax, virtual pbx, etc...) We allow customers to specify which CallerID to transmit, but we control it because we only allow them to specify a number that we have configured to their account. This is not always the case with all vendors. I remember years ago a VOIP provider that I was testing with (on a retail side) that allowed me to specify any CallerID I wanted.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I would have hung up and call Dell myself with that DOB question. That's not necessary to order a laptop. Weird.